Following the exciting discovery last summer on Gelligaer Common of a piece of prehistoric art - a cup-marked stone, the Glamorgan-Gwent Archaeological Trust and Groundwork Caerphilly decided that it would be a good idea if we looked to see if there are any more. We have been lucky enough to get funding from Cadw for archaeologists from the Trust to help local residents carry out a survey on the common with the specific aim of looking for cup-marked stones.
Some people have told us that they already know of some there, but we need to photograph and describe them and put them on maps. We are also trying to find out more about a cup-marked stone, called the Marrying Stone, found in 1935 in Bargoed.
Keep returning to these pages over the next few days to find out all about this exciting project and the discoveries we make.